- Metaball ratio now works. So rather than changing spacing in the advance menu you can just set this to a value larger than 1. You will then need to adjust the threshold and if you get funny ray traced isosurfaces, you need to put the max gradient up to about 3 or higher as needed. This can slow down raytracing a lot.
- Doubling the metaball size will make render about 8 times slower. Use the sampled grid if you can.
- You can now convert your physics object to a triangle mesh. Just how legal the mesh is and how well it works in the rest of AoI is prone to ... unstable behaver.
- I completely revamped the synchronization code using ReadWriteLocks. Seems to work well, but I still cheat a little.
- This means there should be no more flashing animations. If you do get one with this new version let me know.
- When you reload the file you worked on "yesterday" the particles are duped. This means that the first frame from you bake is stuffed. Don't use it to see whats going on and don't "rebake" from the first frame without reseting the whole thing.
- Generally if something seems to start to go wrong. Reset, Rebake.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Do we like bugs?
Cus I have a lot of em! The fixes for the surfaces had lots of bugs. And now they are fixed. I don't have much time so this will be brief.